Do you have a favorite throw pillow that’s seen better days? Have your once-pristine covers become stained and worn over time? Fear not! With just a little TLC, you can bring new life to your old favorites. In this post, we’ll walk you through the steps to clean and maintain your throw pillow covers so they look good as new – or even better! So grab those trusty cleaning supplies and let’s get started.
Throw Pillow Covers
We all know how important it is to keep our home clean and free of dirt, dust, and other allergens. But what about our beloved throw pillow covers? These items see a lot of use and can easily become stained or full of bacteria.
Here are some tips on how to clean and maintain your favorite throw pillow covers:
- Wash them regularly in the washing machine using a mild detergent.
- Spot clean as needed using a mild soap and warm water.
- Avoid bleaching or using harsh chemicals as this can damage the fabric.
- Line dry or tumble dry on low heat to prevent shrinkage.
Why You Should Clean Your Throw Pillow Covers
If you have ever had a pillow cover that was stained, you know how difficult it can be to get the stain out. Even if you are able to get the stain out, it is likely that the cover will not look as good as it did before. This is why it is important to clean your pillow covers on a regular basis.
There are a few different ways that you can clean your pillow covers. One way is to hand washing them in cold water with a mild detergent. Another way is to machine wash them on the delicate cycle. If you are cleaning multiple covers at once, be sure to use a gentle setting and do not overload the washing machine.
After washing, it is important to dry your pillow covers properly. The best way to do this is to line dry them or lays them flat on a towel to air dry. Avoid putting them in the dryer as this can damage the fabric. Once they are dry, fluff them up and put them back on your pillows!
How Often to Clean Your Throw Pillow Covers
Assuming you don’t have any specific stains or areas of dirtiness on your throw pillow covers 20×20, we recommend laundering them about once every two weeks. Of course, if you have pets or kids that often spill things on your furniture, you may need to wash them more frequently.
To wash your pillow covers, simply remove them from the pillow and toss them in the washing machine with your other laundry. Use a mild detergent and cold water setting, and then tumble dry on low heat or air dry. Once they’re clean, put them back on the pillows and enjoy!
The Best Way to Clean Your Throw Pillow Covers
Assuming your throw pillow covers are machine-washable, the best way to clean them is to wash them on a delicate cycle in cold water with a mild detergent. You can also hand-wash them if you prefer.
If the covers are not machine-washable, you can spot-clean them with a damp cloth and a mild detergent. Rub the stained area gently with the damp cloth until the stain is removed.
To remove any remaining soap residue, rinse the area with a clean damp cloth or wash the entire cover in cool water on a delicate cycle.
How to Maintain Your Throw Pillow Covers
Pillow covers are one of the easiest ways to change up the look of your room, and they can be easily swapped out when you want to change up your style. But how do you keep them looking their best?
Here are a few tips for cleaning and maintaining your 20×20 pillow covers:
- PREVENT STAINS: Be sure to spot clean your pillow covers as soon as any spills or stains happen. This will help prevent the stain from setting in and becoming more difficult to remove.
- WASH GENTLY: When it’s time to wash your pillow covers, use a gentle cycle on your washing machine and cool water. You can also hand wash if you prefer.
- AIR DRY: Never put your pillow covers in the dryer! Hang them up or lay them flat to air dry instead. This will help keep them looking their best.
Tips and Tricks
If you’re like most people, you probably have a few favorite pillow covers that you just can’t bear to part with. But over time, even the best-made pillow cover can start to show its age.
Here are a few tips and tricks for keeping your favorite pillow covers looking like new:
- Use a lint roller to remove dust and dirt from the surface of the fabric.
- Spot clean any areas that are looking particularly dirty with a mild detergent and a soft cloth.
- If your pillow cover is machine-washable, wash it on a gentle cycle in cool water. Hang it up to dry or tumble dry on low heat.
- If your pillow cover is not machine-washable, take it to professional cleaners.
- Store your pillow covers in a cool, dry place when they’re not in use.
Taking care of your favorite throw pillow covers can extend the life of both the covers and the pillows. With some simple cleaning and maintenance tips, you can easily keep them looking beautiful for years to come. Whether it’s spot cleaning or machine washing, there are many different ways to clean your pillow covers without losing their original beauty or softness. By taking a few extra steps to ensure that your favorite throw pillow covers stay in top shape, you will be sure to enjoy these comfy accessories for years to come!